07734 World
random rants and opinions of an average american on a world gone mad.


Monday, June 4  

Today is a new day.
I finally got out of bed "early" (and if you know me you know that's a pretty large feat in and of itself), got into a gym and, albeit just for 30 minutes, worked out before going into work. I haven't been to a gym since college . . .

I'm fairly self-conscious so I don't like the crowded popular gyms which in northern Virginia it seems from talking to folks all the gyms are busy all the time. (when do those people work? ;) ) Having joined a new project in a new location just a couple weeks ago I decided to take advantage of the small gym in my new office building.

I didn't get up as early as I wanted but went anyway and found that there was NOONE there. And there wasn't anyone there almost the entire time and even then the only person coming through was maintenance staff. My plan is to do this MWF for a couple weeks and then ramp it up if I'm feeling pretty good about it and getting into a routine. I haven't done so yet but I'm thinking I should probably keep a log of my progress starting tonight, I'm sure the experts suggest something of the sort . . .

Today is a new day. :)

Carefully thought out by Tim at 8:58 AM    Comments
Comments:
A log is a good idea so you can track your progress (for motivation) or see where you are slacking (so you can eat ann entire cheesecake to console yourself).

I'm just waiting for all the crap to get cleared out of the workout room (from the den being torn apart) so I can start up my workouts again.
 
Post a Comment
links
archives
random me
Random Stuff