07734 World
random rants and opinions of an average american on a world gone mad.


Monday, March 19  

So with the new baby due any day now I've been doing a lot of things to spruce up the condo to sell it and make a move to a bigger place sometime this summer.

What we've done so far...
- I mentioned the chandelier my brother-in-law and I hung.
- I put some closet doors in front of the washer/dryer unit which had just been open.
- Replaced the closet door for the coat closet. The track was all messed up b/c it wasn't installed right by the previous owners.
- Put up new lighting fixtures in the master bath. Required me to move our medicine cabinet down a few inches.

We still need/plan to do a lot though.
- Put up the matching lighting fixture in the guest bath. Which will have me move the cabinet down again.
- Bought some wood flooring for the kitchen at a great price from Home Depot. Will have to have my Dad up to help me install it.
- The previous owners put calk in the showers, INSTEAD of grout, between the tiles. So we'll have to strip that out and put in grout.
- A few places in the wall need to be touched up/evened out and after that...
- Lots of painting.
- During this whole ordeal - packing up, organzing and staging the place while still living there with 3 kids . . . thanksfully my in-laws are moving a little closer so maybe they'll get some quality time with the grandkids while I work on and sell the place . . .

but then there's the task of finding an affordable, spacious new place in Northern Virginia . . . off to zillow I guess.

Carefully thought out by Tim at 10:00 AM    Comments
Comments:
After all the work you have done to the place (and plan to do), it will be almost brand new for whoever buys it!
 
Heh, just about, yeah. The northern Virginia market for sellers is so intimidating right now that I want to make sure our place stands out and sells for what we're looking for when we're looking to sell it.
 
Post a Comment
links
archives
random me
Random Stuff