07734 World
random rants and opinions of an average american on a world gone mad.


Monday, March 12  

Lesson Learned
So I've been doing small projects every weekend to make our condo in Northern Virginia a little more appealing. New light fixtures in the bathrooms, we did the faucets a long time ago, new doors to close off our washer/dryer. This weekend I took on what I thought would be a nice easy task and would lead nicely into a couple others that I wanted to take on - a new chandelier in the dining room to replace the outdated ceiling fan. Plans for the future were to include overhead lighting in at least two other rooms with the help of a good electrician friend.

Taking down the fan and wiring the chandelier was easy, then I tried to put up a hook to recenter the fan over where we want our table to be . . . so I take out my Ryobi drill, take a small bit to make a pilot and don't get anywhere. Hmm, that's strange, so I picked up an even smaller bit, nothing. Apparently our ceilings are made of thick concrete. No wonder we don't hear too much out of our up and downstairs neighbors. After making another trip to the local Home Depot to pick up a bit and screws that will work in our ceiling I've decided something else:

I like that free standing lighting we have in the other rooms.

Carefully thought out by Tim at 11:34 AM    Comments
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment
links
archives
random me
Random Stuff